After the release of seven solo albums between 2008 and 2018, Italian bassist and composer ALBERTO RIGONI(soloist, BAD AS band, co-producer of Vivaldi Metal Project, founder of Bassists Alliance Project, ex Twinspirits) is now going to release “Prog Injection”, an instrumental heavy progressive albumwhich features worldwide known drummer Thomas Lang(Peter Gabriel, Paul Gilbert, Glenn Hughes etc.) and Alessandro Bertoni on keyboards (Ric Fierabracci, Craig Blundell, Brett Garsed etc.)
Alberto: “Again … I tried to bring my composition and bass to another level and, together with Thomas’ drumming and Alessandro’s keys, I think (and hope) we created a unique sound that I would call heavy prog!”
Thomas Lang: “This album is a gritty, riff-heavy and progressive instrumental album that draws inspiration both from classic 70’s Prog and 21st century Rock and Metal music. This fusion of styles makes for an interesting combination and I enjoyed driving these songs with heavy grooves that are rooted in traditional Rock, Funk and Metal. The album is full of hooky bass riffs, muscular beats and ethereal keyboards played with tons of personality and attitude.”
Alberto Rigoni: Bass and Chapman Stick 10 strings
Thomas Lang: Drums
Alessandroni Bertoni: Keyboards
Jeff Hughell: special guest bassist on track 4.
- Heavy new, fresh sound in the progressive scene
- Powerful rhythms, remarkable melodies, complex drums, shred solos
- Special guest drummer Thomas Lang(Peter Gabriel, Paul Gilbert, Glenn Hughes, etc.)
- Special guest bassist Jeff Hughell(solo, SIX FEET UNDER) on track 4
- ALBERTO RIGONI’s previous albums had been successfully reviewed worldwide and he has also been featured on the cover of magazines such as Bass Magazine Japan, Bass Musician Magazine and others along with interviews.
Available in Digipak CD as well as through digital stores